We often say (verbally and through greeting cards) that our words cannot adequately express our gratitude toward mom. It can seem overwhelming to express our feelings sometime, but I’m sure mom would appreciate it if we would try a little harder. So this Mother’s Day, I hope you will go the extra mile to convey your heart-felt thanks to the woman who has given you life.
I know you’ll be rushing around this weekend end, shopping, making plans, cleaning the house and trying to make everything perfect. But here is your assignment; it will only take a few minutes. Sit down and make a thoughtful list of your best memories with mom—your own or a special mother you know. Mother’s Day is an opportunity to reflect on all the love that went into making you the person you are today! So why not return the love by letting mom know you have not forgotten all she has done for you?
Here are some ideas:
· The dishes she makes that you most enjoy
· The best advice she has given you
· Things that make her unique (her laugh or fashion sense)
· An example of her kindness or integrity
· Positive comments others have said about her
· What she’s really good at doing
· Her amazing ability to run a household and keep everything together (especially if you have a large family)
· Words of comfort that cheered you up when you needed them the most
· Shared interest in music, movies, travel, etc.
When you’re done, tuck your list inside her gift where she is sure to see it. It will bring a smile to her face and maybe one or two tears of joy. Guaranteed!
It seems the older we get, the more time speeds up. But we must not let the busy-ness of life steal our moments. This list is a way to share memories, and when it comes to relationships, memories are all we really have. They will last far longer than most things we can buy.
Let your mother know that she is a mother like no other with list that summarizes what you love and remember most about her. While you might give your mom an identical greeting card as someone else, only you can bring your own memories, your own unique perspective.
Happy Mother’s Day from Inglewood Today Weekly.